Rob White Architect LLC is a architectural firm located in Bethany, Connecticut. Our firm specializes in custom residential design and project development for construction. We provide a full range of architectural services and guide our clients through the design and construction to realize their dreams. We tailor our services to meet each projects unique set of goals, while providing exceptional custom design that responds to our client’s lives and environment.
Architectural services are provided for new construction, additions, renovations & remodels, kitchens & baths and many more types of projects. Our projects are varied. Each recognizes individual objectives and building styles featuring ideal designs for each client’s personal lifestyle.
Many of our projects are located throughout Southern Connecticut in Fairfield and New Haven Counties. Our work area extends throughout the entire State of Connecticut and into Westchester and Suffolk Counties in New York.
Residential New Construction
Residential Additions & Renovations
Period Design & Historic Preservation
Kitchens & Interior Design
“Ranch Home” Conversions
Pool Houses, Barns & Outbuildings
Landscape Design / Site Master Planning
ABOUT ROB WHITE
- Rob White, AIA
- Licensed & Registered Architect, States of Connecticut & New York
- Member AIA (American Institute of Architects), Connecticut Chapter
- NCARB Certificate (National Council of Architectural Registration Boards)
- Roger Williams University
- Bachelor of Architecture 1994, School of Architecture, Art & Historic Preservation
- Landscape Architecture Degree
- Czech Institute of Technology, Prague Czech Republic
- Urban Design & Modern Architecture Studies 1994Organizations
- Member Bethany Historical Society
- Member Building Committee for Bethany Community School 2012-2013
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN EXPERIENCE
ROB WHITE ARCHITECT LLC
December 2006 – Present Bethany, CT
Principal Architect, Designer and Manager for Residential Projects
Works directly with all clients to provide creative, comprehensive and responsive design solutions for all projects. Discussion and counsel with owners to fully understand project goals, requirements, variables and “wish list” items. Reviews solutions and options to establish the ideal design, often with “value” discussions for the client’s lifestyle, long range goals, and estate / property planning.
Manages the production of project documents, consulting engineers and draftsman to best prepare drawings and specifications for each project. Work includes design and technical development for overall design concepts, details, technical work (structural, thermal & moisture protection, HVAC and mechanical), bidding documents, permit forms and all construction drawings & written specifications.
Provide construction supervision through on-site meetings to ensure design and document compliance for owners. Reviews and certifies payments to the contractor. Provides design decisions and detailing during construction to address “as built” conditions and maintains compliance with the construction contract. Works with owners to determine finishes and interior design.
- Additions & Renovations for Homes.
- New Houses and Site Planning Including Utility Coordination and Landscape Design.
- Period Design to Improve or Re-Imagine House Styles.
- Ranch and Contemporary / Modern Renovations to Expand, Improve and Update Homes.
- Accessory Buildings Including Pool Houses, Beach Homes, Pools, Garages and Barns.
- Kitchens & Baths.
ROB SANDERS ARCHITECTS LLC
January 2004 – January 2014 (10 years 1 month) Wilton, CT
Project Architect, Designer and Manager.
Consulted directly with clients to establish design and project requirements. Documented project requirements and information including zoning compliance, budget analysis, and existing property and house conditions for evaluation.
Created design solutions which provided new spaces and reworked existing areas. Design work focused on addressing the owner’s unique goals and presenting ideal solutions responsive to existing features, style and site conditions.
Produced and managed the development of construction contract documents including construction drawings “blue prints” and written specifications.
Designed & Managed Projects Included:
- Additions & Renovations to Antique Homes / Historic Preservation Work.
- Property Planning, Landscape & Site Design, Master Planning for Homes with Accessory Buildings (Garages, Pool Houses, Barns).
- Additions & Renovations to Modern Homes.
- Period Design Work for Large & Small Projects to Renovate & Re-imagine House Styles.
PROJECT ASSISTANT AND DESIGNER
SAPIENZA & LESSIG ARCHITECTS & PLANNERS LLC
December 1991 – January 2004 (12 years 2 months) West Haven, CT
Consulted with project owners, governing boards and agencies to prepare design solutions for projects. Work included detailing space requirements and design work for solutions that meet minimum standards for users and public safety. ADA and Accessibility work was required for many projects.
Project Assistant work included development of drawings and detail standards for public bid. Coordination with our own certified CSI specifications writer was integral for most projects.
Project Design Work:
Municipal Buildings Including Design and Drawing Work for the Addition, Renovation & Master Plan to the West Haven City Library, Medical Offices, Corporate Offices, Large Scale Elementary & Middle School Additions & Renovations. University Building Renovations & Improvements for ADA Compliance.